Queen City Of The Sand Flats
. He came to Texas in the late 1850s and encouraged his father and large family to follow him, which they did. They settled in Houston County, Texas in what was then known as Woodland Hall. It is now Oak Grove community.
Francis (Frank) Hayworth Parker was born in Robson County, North Carolina, near the town of Lumberton in the year 1837 to Ralph R. and Sarah C. Hodge Parker. He came to Texas in the late 1850s and encouraged his father and large family to follow him, which they did. They settled in Houston County, Texas in what was then known as Woodland Hall. It is now Oak Grove community. Frank married Zilpha Ann Overstreet from Brazil. Frank got a land grant of approximately 100 acres for 15 cents an acres about 7 miles out on FM 1272. He had served in the confederate army in South Carolina before he came to Texas. The Parker family, with the help of others in the community built a Methodist church known as "Woodland Hall". This church was later moved and the name changed to New Prospect. The last building has been moved to Parker Cemetery. Ralph R. and Sarah C. Parker gave 5 acres for the cemetery around 1861. Rev. Frank H. Parker was what they then called Exhorter in the Methodist Church. He was the circuit preacher. Frank and Zilpha Parker's children that lived to be grown are Thomas M. Parker, Charlie W. Parker, Archie Eusace Parker, Delores Ann Brown, Jemima P. Beauchamp, Coilla White, Julie Ann Brown, Dora Ritchey and Sylnet Tybilha "Nettie" Musick. All are buried at Parker Cemetery with the exception of Coilla White.